Zeal is addressing the critical challenge of untapped transactional data. At the moment, whenever a transaction is processed on a POS terminal (payment card machine), physical retailers have no idea who the paying customer is, unless they use a loyalty program. Think of when you go to a supermarket and you pay by card , unless you go to a supermarket that has a loyalty program and you get your loyalty card out, the POS terminal doesn't tell the retailer if you're a new or returning customer, demographics, gender, etc. Unlike e-ecommerce, in physical retail customer identification always had to be a separate step because the payment terminal is not built to self-identify the paying customer. Hence, a plethora of valuable data is lost or underutilized. With Zeal’s advanced Smart POS plugin, the company integrates with POS terminals globally to provide payment acquirers and ISVs with a unique differentiator for their POS terminals. The merchants of our partners benefit from world-class data, analytics & tools to predict consumer behavior using Artificial Intelligence, enabling merchants to unlock the full potential of transactional data.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Engineering Manager to lead our White Label vertical, overseeing product development, backend services, frontend interfaces, and quality control. A keen commercial sense and a deep understanding of our business and product objectives are vital for this role. The primary focus of the Engineering Manager will be to automate our merchant onboarding process, while also managing the allocation of work to ensure appropriate staff utilization, and timely delivery of high-quality, purpose-driven development activities.
As the Engineering Manager at Zeal, your role will involve:
- Leading and managing the product, backend, frontend, and quality control teams, fostering collaboration and ensuring their success.
- Facilitating the smooth execution and delivery of technical projects, ensuring they align with the company's product objectives.
- Collaborating closely with the Head of the Vertical to gain a deep understanding of product objectives and deliverables.
- Spearheading the automation of our merchant onboarding process, streamlining the experience for our users.
- Defining technical goals and regularly monitor progress to keep the team on track.
- Providing leadership and motivation to the team, ensuring deadlines are met and KPIs are achieved.
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless project execution and alignment with business goals.
- Implementing and upholding best practices for software development, including documentation and quality standards.
- Ensuring high and consistent quality standards are met and regularly review project deliverables.
- Offering technical guidance and mentorship to team members, helping them grow their skills and careers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in roles such as Engineering Manager, Technical Lead, or similar positions.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is a must.
- Proven track record as an Engineering Manager within a technology-driven organization.
- Proficiency in PHP Laravel and React.js, and GO.
- Experience with MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, AWS & Docker.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and meticulous attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, adapting to evolving challenges and driving innovation.
What you’ll love about us:
- Our office culture is casual, fun and social
- Work that stays at work: genuine work/life balance served here!
- Health Benefits: Medical insurance
- Flexible Work Setup
- You will have the freedom to try new ideas & experiment