Zeal is addressing the critical challenge of untapped transactional data. At the moment, whenever a transaction is processed on a POS terminal (payment card machine), physical retailers have no idea who the paying customer is, unless they use a loyalty program. Think of when you go to a supermarket and you pay by card , unless you go to a supermarket that has a loyalty program and you get your loyalty card out, the POS terminal doesn't tell the retailer if you're a new or returning customer, demographics, gender, etc. Unlike e-ecommerce, in physical retail customer identification always had to be a separate step because the payment terminal is not built to self-identify the paying customer. Hence, a plethora of valuable data is lost or underutilized. With Zeal’s advanced Smart POS plugin, the company integrates with POS terminals globally to provide payment acquirers and ISVs with a unique differentiator for their POS terminals. The merchants of our partners benefit from world-class data, analytics & tools to predict consumer behavior using Artificial Intelligence, enabling merchants to unlock the full potential of transactional data.
About The Role:
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Payroll and Personnel Specialist to join our dynamic team. You will play a crucial role in managing payroll processes, ensuring accurate and timely payment of employees, maintaining personnel records, and handling employees benefits including social and medical insurance matters. This position requires a high level of accuracy, confidentiality, and a comprehensive understanding of relevant laws and regulations. The ideal candidate will have a proactive mentality, excellent communication skills, and a passion for creating a welcoming environment.
As a Personnel Specialist at Zeal, you will be expected to:
- Manage end-to-end monthly payroll processing for employees, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant tax laws, labor regulations, and company policies.
- Calculate and process payroll deductions, bonuses, commissions, and other payroll-related transactions.
- Address payroll discrepancies and resolve employee inquiries providing assistance with payroll-related matters in a timely manner.
- Organize and maintain accurate employee files, updating HR records to reflect changes in employee status.
- Interface with external offices to handle social and medical insurance matters.
- Facilitate the signing of employment contracts, ensuring all relevant terms and conditions are communicated and understood.
- Create legally compliant employment contracts for international employees, ensuring alignment with legal and regulatory requirements of the countries in which they operate.
- Stay informed about changes in social insurance policies, labor laws, and tax regulations, while updating internal practices accordingly.
- Assist employees with claims and inquiries related to social and medical insurance coverage addressing any issues that may arise.
- Handle employees' sick leave requests, ensuring proper documentation and compliance with company policies and labor laws.
- Ensure a smooth and seamless employee experience by offering necessary support.
- Generate regular reports as required, utilizing the HR database to provide insights and analytics or management review.
- Provide relevant data to support decision-making within the HR team and the organization.
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of payroll processes and systems.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- +3 years of proven experience in a similar role, with focus on payroll processing and personnel administration.
- In-depth knowledge of payroll procedures, tax regulations, and Egyptian labor law.
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with employees and external offices.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Detail-oriented with a proactive and solution-focused approach.
- Ability to stay updated on changes in labor & tax laws and social insurance policies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
What You'll Love About Us:
- Casual, fun, and social company culture.
- Genuine work/life balance.
- Health benefits including medical insurance.
- Flexible work setup.
- Freedom to experiment and try new ideas.