About Zeal: Zeal is an innovative Cairo-based technical startup backed by global strategic investors to empower brands with the next generation of payments, loyalty, and AI-powered insights. We provide our merchants with world-class data, analytics & tools to predict consumer behavior using Artificial Intelligence. Merchants can unlock the full potential of the customers in the most convenient user experience.
Our Mission: 🚀 Zeal is on a mission to create a digital ecosystem for transactions & consumer behavioral insights.
What we're looking for:
We’re looking for an exceptional Technical Lead who will be responsible for all aspects of managing, supporting, and developing a team of software engineers, managing the allocation of work ensuring appropriate utilization of staff at all times, ensure that all defined development policies, procedures, and standards are followed; and those development activities are delivered within agreed timescales, of high quality and are fit for purpose.
As the Technical Lead at Zeal, you will be in charge of:
- Communicate, track and monitor development activities to make sure that projects are delivered on time with high quality.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard code review process and creating high & low-level designs for the application architecture.
- Provide support, coaching, and mentoring to Development Team members to ensure that all objectives and commitments are fulfilled in line with expectations, agreements, and standards.
- Ensure that unit and systems testing are undertaken to required standards and work with the Testing function.
- Participate in management meetings in regard to development activities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ Years of experience in Software Development (3 of which as a Lead)
- Production grade experience in developing and deploying large-scale apps.
- Experience in designing and working on large-scale software projects, and secure software systems based on industry-specific specifications.
- Experience working with PHP, Node.JS, and GO.
- Proficient in MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, AWS & Docker.
- Knowledge of Software Cybersecurity is a huge plus.
- Agile project management is a plus.
What you’ll love about us:
- Our office culture is casual, fun and social
- Work that stays at work: genuine work/life balance served here!
- Health Benefits: Medical insurance
- Flexible Work Setup
- You will have the freedom to try new ideas & experiment