We are an innovative London-born, Cairo-based startup backed by global strategic investors to empower brands to unlock the full potential of their customers by leveraging transactional data. We provide our merchants with world-class data, analytics & tools to better understand their customers and unlock the full potential of any new or existing customer.
We are a purpose-driven team. Our most important asset is an intellectual team that can innovate and execute. It’s what moves us forward!
We believe that data-driven companies are built by impressive talents. So, we are always looking for analytical creative team players who want to support our mission in Egypt & the region.
As a Backend Team Lead at Zeal, you will:
- Act as a mentor to fellow Engineers, sharing knowledge and contributing to the team’s continued growth and improvement
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Integrate with payment gateways for QR code payment and loyalty
- Create new data analysis for dashboard
- Work on new loyalty models and develop the existing
- Develop web APIs for mobile and web apps
- Connect to third-party information using various API techniques
- Solve complicated personalized discovery problems for consumers
- Recognize system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Create and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Design, code, and troubleshoot new features, while debugging as necessary
- Conduct code reviews of work done by other engineers in the team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 6+ years of experience in a relevant role, 2 of which in leading a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred
- Working experience with PHP and Laravel Framework
- Strong OOP & design patterns foundation.
- Strong skills in working with MongoDB and MySQL is a must
- Working experience with unit and feature tests
- Hands on experience with Git
- Previous experience in managing a team or acting as a Team Lead
- Good problem-solving and team playing skills
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills with an ability to perform well in a dynamic environment
Nice to have/ Bonus points:
- Knowledge in web sockets
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies
What you’ll love about us:
- Our culture is casual, fun and social
- Work that stays at work: genuine work/life balance served here!
- Health Benefits: Medical insurance
- Flexible Work Setup
- You will have the freedom to try new ideas & experiment