Zeal is addressing the critical challenge of untapped transactional data. At the moment, whenever a transaction is processed on a POS terminal (payment card machine), physical retailers have no idea who the paying customer is, unless they use a loyalty program. Think of when you go to a supermarket and you pay by card , unless you go to a supermarket that has a loyalty program and you get your loyalty card out, the POS terminal doesn't tell the retailer if you're a new or returning customer, demographics, gender, etc. Unlike e-ecommerce, in physical retail customer identification always had to be a separate step because the payment terminal is not built to self-identify the paying customer. Hence, a plethora of valuable data is lost or underutilized. With Zeal’s advanced Smart POS plugin, the company integrates with POS terminals globally to provide payment acquirers and ISVs with a unique differentiator for their POS terminals. The merchants of our partners benefit from world-class data, analytics & tools to predict consumer behavior using Artificial Intelligence, enabling merchants to unlock the full potential of transactional data.
About The Role:
We are in search of an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team and take the lead in financial transparency and compliance. As a Senior Accountant, you'll prepare financial statements, manage accounts payable and receivable, maintain general ledger and prepare month-end close procedures. In addition, drive process improvements, ensure tax compliance, and mentor junior team members as you contribute to our financial success.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Produce accurate and error-free accounting reports, presenting results.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Identify errors and propose efficiency and spending improvements.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Manage and guide accounting assistants and bookkeepers.
- Participate in financial standards setting and forecast processes.
- Provide input into departmental goal-setting processes.
- Prepare financial statements and budgets according to schedule.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Plan, assign, and review staff's work.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Collaborate with the Head of Finance to improve financial procedures.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proven experience (3+ years) in accounting and finance roles, with a focus on fintech or financial services preferred.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and regulations, including GAAP and IFRS.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools, such as QuickBooks, Excel, and financial modeling.
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Excellent communicator in English, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and integrity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA ) is preferred.
- Experience with fintech-specific accounting and reporting practices is a plus.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Our office culture is casual, fun and social.
- Work that stays at work: genuine work/life balance served here!
- Health Benefits: Medical insurance.
- Flexible Work Setup.
- You will have the freedom to try new ideas & experiment.